There’s one more day until Christmas Eve! Are you ready? Me neither but I’m not going to stress about it. Instead I will focus on the positive, in particular the things that make me smile, even if they’re not necessarily good for me.
These are a few of my favourite things at Christmas.
- Eggnog and rum, or a virgin, with a bit of nutmeg and lots of ice! Just kidding about the virgin, I am so over that.
- Christmas shopping when everything falls into place, there’s plenty of coffee and good shoes to walk in. Yesterday we braved Coquitlam Centre and it was a surprisingly pleasant experience. It wasn’t too busy, parking was a snap and we didn’t wait in a single line! I think people are doing more of their shopping online, which is good for me too if you like love the idea of purchasing quality mineral makeup but don’t like to go to the shops to try it on. (shameless plug)
- I love a good sale!
- Freshly baked cookies. I’m currently in between making batches of my favourite recipe right now. Gingersnaps! YUM!!
- Santa Hats and reindeer horns on cars and random folks around town.
- The Christmas spirit. Yesterday at the mall a mom and her two kids were circling the food court looking for a table. I had also been looking for a bit and finally found one. She walked by and I said to myself, ‘I should really give my table to her’, but then I got distracted. Not less than a minute later she then came by and asked to share my table. Funny right? I guess I had the Christmas cheer seeping out of my pores. I happily gave up my table so she could get off her feet.
- Hanging with friends and staying up until 10pm! Woot. Although I really don’t like how I feel the next day it’s worth it at Christmas, isn’t it?
I wish we would all embrace the Christmas spirit all year round. So rather than wait for someone or something else to change, I will be making a concerted effort to give back in 2015. Focusing less on myself and more on others is the plan, however I don’t have anything concrete to share yet. Stay tuned!
And stay tuned as I take on a challenge to shed the baby weight *cough* that’s been hanging around longer that I care to admit. It’s no wonder after this list I’ve put together. Clearly, indulging is a hobby that I need to reevaluate. So, I’ll be working with three other bloggers as we support each other on the path to better health and less weight to haul around, with the guidance of a newly opened and fantastic clinic in New Westminster. It’s still all pretty hush-hush but details are coming soon!
If you aren’t on the email list yet, why not? I would never spam or sell your email address to anyone. And , you’ll be the first to know about what’s going on over here, so sign up today!