To all the baby daddies out there. I hope you have a wonderful Father’s Day!
I’m sure you all deserve the special treatment that you’ll get on this day. But my hope for you is to get special treatment (get your mind out of the gutter, friend) every day of the year. Why do I say this?
I have a problem with designated ‘be nice to people in your life’ days. Holidays like Christmas, or other ‘special’ days like Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day are there to remind us to show those we love that we care.
Oh the Pressure!
My problem with these celebratory days is the pressure I feel. I don’t like to be pressured into anything, especially when it comes to buying gifts. I’d much rather focus on having wonderful experiences on more than just one day.
Birthdays on the other hand are a whole other kettle of fish. And while I am pretty terrible at remembering them (thank all that is holy for Facebook reminders) I am getting better. I think they are special and are the best day to celebrate yourself and those you love.
But back to Father’s Day. To those that are daddies out there….
I have some terribly bad news for you.
You will *never ever be as good a father as my baby daddy is to our son OLM. Sorry to break it to you but this man takes the cake when it comes to daddies. And just so you have proof, I’ve compiled a list of reasons why he is a top shelf papa. I love lists!
Top 10 List : My baby daddy is better than your baby daddy
10. He never complains about changing dirty diapers.
9. He lets me sleep in when I need to, which frankly, is a lot still these days.
8. He fully supports my efforts to keep this blog going and reads
all of it.
7. He is my biggest cheerleader and always reminds me that I am on the right path.
6. He is generous to a fault and always leaves the last bon-bon for me.
5. He knows how to ease my frustrations at the end of a long busy day, often with a hug but when that doesn’t work he says, ‘Would you like me to get you some beer?’
4. He irons his own shirts all.the.time. which is awesome because I don’t even iron my own.
3. He rarely complains when I
don’t do the housework.
2. He always eats his dinner even though it may suck sometimes.
And the number one reason why my baby daddy is better than yours is…
1. because he loves ME like crazy and not you.
Happy Father’s Day to my wonderful, amazing, fantastic and sexy, baby daddy!
Further reading for Father’s Day
Daddy Gets a New Name ~ Help me find a new moniker for my baby daddy
Poem Fun ~ The Serious One (as he’s known on this blog now) tried his hand at a poem years before I came along.
Giveaway ~ Does your dad love his Keurig? Enter to win $50 in K-Cups
If you’d like to stay up to date please follow along by email so you don’t miss anything!
*by the way, this is in no way meant to diss any baby daddies out there. It is merely to point out that my guy is awesome, and although I don’t show it sometimes, I appreciate all that he does for his family. Besides, he is my son’s baby daddy and not yours. So it’s not really a fair comparison anyway. Are we cool?