I recently had the *ahem* pleasure of sampling Barefoot White Zinfandel. It comes in a very attractive bottle as you can see in the photo above. I love the blush colour, the label is pretty and the name is cute. There is a label on the bottle itself that says that Barefoot Wines are the most awarded wine label out there. But I think they are referring to the label and not the wine inside.
I am not a picky wine-o-sewer. I just know what I like and I can tell you that there aren’t too many wines I would turn my nose up at. There are wines that are best paired with specific foods, wines that require chilling or breathing or best enjoyed alone. And there are some wines that are best left alone.
I don’t normally write about wine I don’t like mainly because there really aren’t that many. And because I only write about Cheap Wine Finds for the most part, the selection is rather limited, like my palate. But I had to mention this one today because of how deceptively pretty the packaging is compared to the vile liquid inside.
On the other hand, it’s always good to be positive, and sometimes I need wine to feel that way so I’ll try to come up with how best to ‘enjoy’ this wine.
Top 5 Ways to ‘Enjoy’ Barefoot (Blush) White Zinfandel Wine.
- Cook with this wine and make sure to add enough sugar or salt to your dish so the flavours don’t get spoiled.
- Have your fill of really good wine first and then drink this. There’s no point in wasting a bottle of something you’d really enjoy when the point is to just get corked.
- Give this wine to someone you really don’t like when you go to theirs for dinner. You can be guaranteed that they won’t invite you back.
- Mix this wine with something fizzy and a strong liqueur like Absinthe or some Hooch to mask the flavour. You’ll get the added kick you want and not have to spend much.
- Set this bottle of wine in front of your table lamp to allow the light to shine through it. Or better yet, light a candle and put this bottle in front of it. The pink blush colour is very sexy and provides a nice glow to the room.
Barefoot White Zinfandel from California retails for $12.95. But that’s all I’ll say.
I was not compensated for writing this post, nor am I promoting it in any way. But you already knew that didn’t you?
This post is part of the series, Cheap Wine Finds. Do you have a cheap wine find that would like to write about? Mom Paradigm is looking for contributors. And if you’d like to leave a comment below to share your favourite or not so favourite cheap wine find do. And then share this post with your friends.
Email me at [email protected]