This is the first year where I actually have the energy and time to devote to making this Halloween a bit more special this year. And if sleep deprivation takes hold again before the big day I can always go as a zombie. It won’t be a difficult costume to put together.
I’ve been putting together a pretty spooky yet fabulous Halloween Pinterest board for the season and although I haven’t actually done many of the projects yet I am hoping to get to a few of them.
We made Rice Krispie pumpkin treats that we handed out to some of our neighbours which was great so we didn’t eat them all up. And more importantly. it’s nice to share.
We also tried these mummies made out of hot dogs and Pillsbury pastry dough. I don’t think I’ve ever worked with this dough so our mummies were definitely not as pro-looking as some I’ve seen on Pinterest. As you can see, we started with pickles and then cranberries for the eyes. Raisins would have looked better but we didn’t have any at the time. They may look sad and not too pinnable but they were tasty!
And now what you’ve been waiting for. Am I right?
5 Pins I LOVE for Halloween
- For girls, this cute Silly Spider updo is precious.
- I love these little treat holders in the shape of bats!
- These cupcake mummies are on our list to make, but we ran out of the Reese Pieces we were going to use for the eyes. Before we even made them.
- I’ve always loved apples and peanut butter together and if you add yogurt raisins you can make these Monster Mouth treats that are sure to be winners at Halloween.
- We attempted this door decoration but it’s harder than it looks! I suppose I should get the right kind of paper to make this Jack-o-Lantern face more scary than sad.
You can find all these great ideas on my Pinterest board. Do you have some spooky Halloween ideas to share?