I know that there are many of you who are waiting with bated breath to find out just how this whole Top 30 Favourite Vancouver Mom Blogger vote went. I can tell you that I’ve been on pins and needles myself.
Oh, that’s because I’ve been sitting on actual pins and needles. Never mind.
Anyway, I’m happy to announce that the wait, my dear loyal friends and family, is over.
The votes have been counted and there are no recounts needed.
The winner of the 2013 Top Vancouver Mom Blogger by a landslide…
Wait for it.
*cue violin music played on a very small violin
There were no tears
Although I’ve been known to shed tears for no apparent reason sometimes, or maybe that is the Peri-menopause after all, there were no real tears shed when I saw the results. Why do you ask?
I was taken aback and impressed as hell because yours truly (that’s me) made the TOP TEN!
Yup. That’s right. And it’s all thanks to your support,
and my overbearing Facebook posts, Twitter updates and phone calls late into the night I made to some of you begging for your votes. Now because I didn’t win top spot, I’ll send all the money back you sent, (after I take a much needed vacation after all the hullabaloo that was this contest). Just kidding folks, no money changed hands or PayPal accounts, promise!
I’m so excited!
I can’t tell you how excited I am. Well I could, actually, and I will which is why I write here. I am very, very, very excited. Of course, it would have been awesome to take the top spot but I’m not worried about it.
Even Michael Jordan didn’t make his high school basketball team the first time round. There will be a ton of other opportunities and I’m told that just making the list is a worthy accomplishment. I’ve already got some great gigs out of this and am looking forward to what’s next.
And if that weren’t enough, I’ve created a list to highlight just how excited I am. I love lists.
Top 8 reasons why being #10 is better than #1
8. I really didn’t want a year’s worth of chocolate showing up at my door. Although I said I would share, and you know that I would, I’m tres relieved that I don’t have access to all that chocolate. Never a good thing in my world.
7. More people (other than my mother and friends) will now read this blog.
6. It helps me with the decision to keep writing, and learning about writing and raising my son and myself and writing about it. Did I mention I will keep writing?
5. Ya’ll like me, you really really
sort of like me!
4. No pressure to have my photo taken and splashed all over the internet. I do that enough myself already.
3. I don’t have to give a speech at the Glam event on the 19th. I was going to toss the one I was working on anyway because it was so funny that I thought I might really embarrass myself this time.
2. I am going to get to know 29 other amazing mom bloggers and hopefully this will be the start of some amazing connections and long-term friendships.
And the top reason why being #10 is better than being #1?
1. It reminds me that winning isn’t everything. I’m a pretty competitive person and that’s a trait I’m not always proud of. The other part to this is if I continue to write because I want to and not because I am comparing myself or competing for top spot somewhere, I stay true to myself and my journey. That is why I speak from my heart and tell the truth despite what some may say and, hopefully, make a few of you laugh along the way.
I thought about adding two more reasons to round off the list to 10 reasons but I thought I would ask you instead. What are 2 more reasons why being #10 is better than #1?
Thanks to everyone who voted for me. You really made my year. Truly.
And congratulations to all the awesome mamas on the list. I’m looking forward to getting to know each and every one of you.