I haven’t been this excited in a long time. As a non-closet science geek, because anyone who knows me knows that I have a deep love of scientific explanations for pretty much everything and would never hide it, I am over the moon to participate in an adult-only science everything field trip!
We are going on a tour, right here in Vancouver to explore some of the most amazing science hubs that Vancouver has to offer. What will we do you ask, ’cause I know you wanna know…here’s the lowdown.
Me and some blogger buddies will be joining the Science World team on a full day bus tour to:
- Meet robots
- Take a ride in a virtual canoe (phew ’cause I won’t want my new shoes getting wet)
- Simulate diving to a depth of 150 feet in a hyper/hypobaric chamber (more phew!)
- Check out the planets and stars from the conservatory at SFU
- Try on a bionic, energy-harvesting exoskelelton AND
- Meet some cross-dressing birds. No, not Dame Edna, silly.
Then we’ll head back to Science World TELUS World of Science for a champagne reception and to see the newest original exhibition, Made in Canada.
And even if you don’t know what any of these things are, if you follow along you’ll surely find out!
Science World says, and I totally agree, that ‘science is relevant and exciting for everyone, not just scientists, and with your help, we aim to prove it.’
Follow Science World on Social Media using the hashtag #VanScienceSocial on Thursday, May 11th 2017.